BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MySpace 2.0 Layouts »

Sunday, January 2, 2011

This moment

I am taking to heart the quote: Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. -Albert Einstein


This is so true and I feel many people do not realize this or cannot break the cycle. I am guilty of this myself sometimes; so this year instead of making the same ol' resolutions and expecting something to actually change, I'm not. I am just going to try and change the way I think about life, myself, and the things that happen in my life. If I live each moment as if I am truly in the moment and not constantly thinking about the next moment, then I won't miss every precious moment. So many things happen each day that I love and enjoy so I want to soak it all in and enjoy as much as possible. Everything happens for an eventual reason so why not take it all in stride and strive to be the best person I can possibly be...right now. Living one day at a time, stopping to enjoy every little moment that comes to me. Not everyone can enjoy their life moment by moment, but I can. There is that much love and joy in my life that I would be a fool to not love every minute of it. There are always improvements that can be made, but there are also wonderful aspects of myself and my life that do not need improving. The way my son thoughtfully comes up with ways to say "thank you" or comes up with a gift idea for his daddy...or the way my daughter tugs on me to try and lift herself up on me or cries when I leave the room.. those might be little things to someone else but they are some of the most important things in my life..

0 comments: